About NetEase Games
NetEase established its Online Game Business Division in 2001 officially and NetEase Games has been ranked in the leading position in online games independent research and development field and is the Top 1 independent research and development competitive online games company in China.
NetEase Games has promoted more than ten self-developped games since its establishment, including:
The Top 1 Chinese local-developed popular online game with the first double art version in the world - Fantasy Westward Journey. Its registered users are 250 million with the maximum concurrent users 2.71 million;
The top 1 Chinese local-developed original and classic online game ? Westward Journey Online II with the maximum concurrent users 1.26 million;
The first self-developed Chinese characterized 3D online game Tianxia II with the devotion of 6 years and more than RMB 100 million;
The first self-developed free martial game, the king of PK online games- Datang;
Moreover, there are love - themed online games Westward Journey Online III, Westward Journey Online- The War, Heroes of Tang Dynasty etc.
What’s more, NetEase has obtained the exclusive operational rights of Starcraft II, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne and their online battle platform; It further obtained the exclusive operational rights in Mainland China of Blizzard Entertainment of World of Warcraft.
NetEase Games, on the cutting edge of the online games industry, persists on researching and developing as the drive for products development, letting new employees get in touch with the core research and development technologies in the industries and creating equal and sharing atmospheres of communication. NetEase Games now enjoys a research team of a comparable size in the industry.
NetEase Games expect talents who love games to join us.
- January 2001, NetEase Online Games Department was established.
- December 2001, NetEase launched its self-developed Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games Westward Journey Online.
- August 2002, NetEase launched its self-developed Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games Westward Journey Online II.
- October 2002, Netease Interactive Entertainment Co., Ltd was established officially.
- August 2003, the concurrent players of Westward Journey Online II exceeded 160 thousand, making the first success of Chinese self-developed online games.
- January 2004, NetEase launched its self-developed massively multiplayer online role playing games Fantasy Westward Journey.
- December 2005, the concurrent users of Fantasy Westward Journey exceeded 1 million.
- July 2006, NetEase launched 3D fixed perspective massive martial role playing online game Heroes of Tang Dynasty.
- September 2007, Westward Journey Online II , the greatest 2D online game in China started market operation.
- December 2007,Fantasy Westward Journey reached another peak, with concurrent online users more than 1.5 million.
- May 2008, Fantasy Westward Journey reached the third peak, with concurrent online users more than 2 million.
- June 2008, Tianxia II opens its Beta with no record to be deleted and no limitations of numbers, setting a milestone of Chinese 3D online games.
- August 2008, NetEase officially started cooperation with Blizzard Entertainment Co., Ltd and obtained the exclusive operational rights of Starcraft II, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne and the online battle platform providing multiplayer interactive services in Mainland China.
- October 2008, Westward Journey Online II reached another peak with concurrent online users more than 890 thousand.
- April 2009, NetEase obtained the exclusive operational rights of World of Warcraft in Mainland China.
- May 2009,the first magic flying online game Fly for Fun went in public beta and it started the new era of online flying games.
- October 2009, Westward Journey Online II reached another peak with concurrent online users more than 1.1 million.
- July 2010, Fantasy Westward Journey launched the first double art online game version in the world.
- July 2010, Fantasy Westward Journey reached another peak.
- February 2011, Westward Journey Online- The War was published.
- April 2011, Ghost launched elites private beta with record not to be deleted and opened 60 new servers on the day of the publication of the beta.
- June 2011, the first PK online game Datang published public beta and invited famous action movie actor Donnie Yen to become its spokesperson.
- March 2012,after its successful introduction of World of Warcraft II and III - The Wrath of Lich KingTM and CataclysmTM ,NetEase obtained three years’ operational rights of World of Warcraft in the future.
- August 2012, World of Warcraft has kept popular for eight years and its concurrent online users has been more than 2.71 million.
NetEase (NASDAQ: NTES) is the leading internet technology company in China and has been the frontrunner in the industry in developing internet applications, services and other technologies. NetEase has a strong sense of responsibility towards the development of the internet in China and therefore it strives to use the most advanced internet technologies to strengthen the interpersonal communication and sharing, realizing its belief that "Internet enables people’s strength and power".
Since its establishment in June, 1997, NetEase, with its advanced technology and high-quality services, has acquired much recognition by China’s internet users. It has been ranked twice as the #1 website by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC). As of 30 September, 2005, NetEase has more than 410 million registered users and daily average page views exceeded 614 million.
For more information, please visit: http://www.163.com